Do you have the problem?
The usual symptom is an intermittent failure to control your heat or A/C. At first restarting your car should temporarily fix the problem, but as time goes on, it will become more pervasive. If this is happening to you then it means you have a blend door failure.
The Heater Treater Kit does the following:
- •Replaces the plastic blend doors and axle with steel components.
- •All work is done through the glove box opening and no disassembly of the dash or evacuation of the AC system is required.
- •Tools required are a screw driver, pair of pliers, and a Dremel tool (purchased at any Target or hardware store).
- •Includes detailed instructions and all hardware required to complete the fix, including dremel bits and metal tape to seal the cut.
- •The repair will take about an 90 minutes the first time, and once you have experience, about 45 minutes.
- •No extensive mechanical skills are required.
- •The instructions are dual-level, for mechanics and a “Instructions for Dummies” version.
- •The fix is really easy and MUCH preferable to disassembly of the entire dash and engine cooling systems.
- •We provide customer support via email or phone if required.
The following videos demonstrate the Heater Treater installation process for '02 - '08 Ford Explorers. An alternate method for later models can be seen Here.
Our apologies in advance. The videos are amateurish and probably too long. Feel free to skip through the boring sections. It will take about as long to do the fix as to watch the video.
Full instructions with pictures are included with the kit, so between the instructions and the video, the job should go fairly smoothly. From some of our customers comments, the hardest part is getting up the nerve to make the first cut into the box. Once you’ve made the commitment, the fix goes smoothly. If you ever have a reason to do a second repair, it will be very easy.